No matter what industry that you are working in, chances are you are working in what feels like fast forward. Keeping up pace is easy at first as you get momentum but eventually the inevitable happens – you burnout.
It happens to all of us! It comes at a time that feels like the worst time ever but no matter how hard you try to keep up you can’t. Eventually you will need a break unless you are actively working towards preventing the burnout from happening from the beginning.
Make sure that you are properly honouring work-life balance or everyone will burn out eventually. So how do you prevent it before it happens? Simple…
- Don’t overdue it when assigning work. Be realistic with the amount of work and the timelines you set for your employees.
- Listen to your employees and create an environment where they feel comfortable telling you when/if they feel stressed.
- Keep fueling passion! Passion is everything when it comes to great results in work. If someone is not really passionate about what they are working on (within reason) try to integrate their passions into something that would benefit the business.
- Encourage employees to do side projects or training. This takes away from the everyday grind and gives your employees a chance to grow.
- Try and be flexible and reasonable of work hours. The workforce is becoming filled with millennials who work a little different than those in the “old days” so make sure that you are accommodating to their needs and they will accommodate yours.
- Have fun!! Do team building activities, go out for lunch every once and a while, make a point to enforce breaks throughout the day. This will relax the overall environment in the office and keep employees feeling loved.
Employee burnout is a serious problem in this world. Help your employees by not being the cause of it. What do you do to help prevent employee burnout? We would love to know! Share your stories in the comments.